1. Saturday was such a lovely day. I helped Beth get some of her bicycle riders registered, bought plants for my place, potted them, deep cleaned everything in sight and met Betsy out west for some Italian and Neighbors in the evening. I hope the flower on the far bottom right makes it.
2. Sunday was Mother’s Day, so we went to Django downtown for brunch and then hit up Home Depot because I was on a plant kick and needed some motherly advice. We got a few more outdoor flowers and then a couple indoor plants and pots. Bella really wants to destroy this one.
3. Lucas and I got some brother-sister pictures done with my friend Graham and he got those to us Saturday just in time to show Julie them for Mother’s Day. Selfishly I was excited to update the LinkedIn and get a little more professional than a selfie. Here I am at the big mural in the East Village.
4. This has been hands down the most stressful week of work life as I’ve been planning an event for 600+ students at a middle school that’s happening in approximately three hours AND The Water Ride on Saturday. I’m obviously waiting to see if the TV crew shows up on Friday, but The Register wrote a story already in the paper and it was quite lovely.
5. A little gratitude blog: I am surrounded by the greatest of people. I am utterly terrible at texting back long, thought out responses (if anything at all) and calling people back 90% of the time. I don’t deserve the friends I have, but they continually put up with me and the free spirit slash extremely detailed Google Calendar person I am. So thank you friends. Tyko loves you too.
Subscribe for a dose of mindfulness before you head into the week.