1. It was Friday and this lovely lady Julie came to spend the evening and Saturday with me. We shopped, found a few things for the closet and apartment, ate fro yo, were relentlessly shaken by the pedicure massage chairs (okay does anyone else have a serious problem with those chairs?) and were in bed by 9:00 on a Friday. Aimee is hands down one of my favorite shops in the East Village and I was happy to purchase my first item from there. Totes pumped for summertime.
2. It was Easter on Sunday, so I drove little Tay and little At down to Pella. My highlights included the amazing music session in Maddie the Mazda, conversations walking in Bos Landen with At and Julie’s pie. It was a short-lived trip, but we really tore up the town. I mean, look at us. Town tearer-uppers below. I feel like I really go for the head tilt a bit too often.
3. No joke, I’ve had the most social week of my life. I hit up The Tomorrow Plan unveiling, ate Exile, had a sushi night (Wasabi Chi FTW), really rose my attendance at CrossFit and have been in constant email mode. Yesterday was Thursday and there was no Scandal to be watched. So I consciously walked over to Gateway Market, grabbed my all-time favorite dessert (pumpkin break people, punkin’ bread), turned off my phone and pretty much called it a day at 9:00. The current state of my apartment is just plain sad. Will someone please volunteer to clean up my life and/or apartment?
4. Look, I know you’ve probably been wondering about my cats. I haven’t really put them on Instagram lately and they haven’t had a lot of attention with any other social media outlet. So, I’d like to let you know they are so happy. They still keep me up at night, puke on my floors and require me to constantly feed them, but they are stinkin’ loving life. Here’s Tyko in his new tunnel from Julie! He looks thin there but don’t be fooled.
5. So obsessed with oatmeal lately. Here’s the combo of my dreams: cup of oatmeal, some brown sugar, peanut butter, walnuts, half a banana and a few strawberries. I eat that and have no hunger pangs until 2:30 p.m. This has happened twice this week. To make the whole breakfast thing really a wonderful experience, I’ve perfected the “iced coffee” dealio. It’s really not hard, but I was convinced I would struggle. #victory