1. I’m the person who starts books and doesn’t finish them. I haven’t quite accepted that about myself, but for now it’s whatever. I started the book Made to Stick that talks about why some ideas stick and why some die. I normally read these books before bed, fall asleep and forget the majority of what I read, so that’s unfortunate, but some of it is sticking… #beingpunny
2. This is me… IN A DRESS! From this point forward I only want to wear dresses and skirts. Is it appropriate to bust out the sandals yet? Please, please, please. #selfie
3. Yogi addict. Like, can’t stop won’t stop going to yoga. In fact, Thursday I became Foursquare Mayor of the downtown Power Life Yoga studio. It’s kind of a big deal.
4. Two Iowa State students are doing a total of 40 hours of service-learning work for my company’s neighborhood revitalization efforts. Check a week’s worth of survey creating, story writing, volunteer training and mapping off my master list. I don’t want them to leave. Ever.
5. It was St. Patrick’s on Monday and at one of my yoga classes we had to share why were or are lucky. Cue the Emily-talk & reflection: I think a lot of the success I’ve seen so far in life is due to luck. But then again, I hate that I don’t give credit to hard work and acknowledge that I am where I am because of a crazy-awesome combination. Am I lucky that I had a coworker that introduced me to really amazing people and opportunities? Yes. Was it luck that the relationship flourished and is still a part of my life now? No (uhhh that takes effort). I don’t really have a point other than to request that you embrace those “lucky” situations and run forward. If you get promoted at your job, it’s because you earned it, not because you got lucky. Don’t discredit yourself.