1. On Friday, I signed up for Wabi Sabi CSA. Every other week starting in May I get a load of fresh, organic produce from a farm in Granger, Iowa. Here is a link to learn more about their CSA.
2. Also, Friday was my last full day in LA, so we hit up Pasadena. It poured all day, but it was well worth the trip out there. Had some local coffee, ate Tibetan/Nepalese food, hit up The Container Store (What? I never knew of this place!), Anthro, got mini facials at Origins and made our way back downtown for some margaritas. I got back to my hotel and filled out a form to get breakfast delivered to my door the next morning because I had never done that. I felt like royalty the next morning even though I ordered the cheapest breakfast option. Check that off the list of things done. And then I flew back into a bleepin’ blizzard. The end.
3. I came home to one of my favorite couch surfers who stayed with me Saturday through Tuesday. We had a blast. Went out to dinner, did some shopping at Target, drank wine on my couch and indulged in Paul Revere’s bread sticks. She is too good to me. Upon leaving I was left with some cash to get my first armpit waxing. If I can do my brows, why not just get the pits. Results to come.
4. Morgan and I booked our flights to NYC Thursday! We are going Labor Day weekend. We had a blast back in 2010, but we went in the winter and were frozen, so we’re going in the fall. Now we look for fun shows and start making a list of hot spots to see. This is us back in the day, cute and young.
5. I have been listening to Mat Kearney radio station on Spotify and have found some new songs I’m just all about, including the two below.