1. Still in LA. Still loving my life. I cannot believe the things I’ve done (and I still have a full Friday ahead of me)!! My favorites include: eating authentic sushi in Little Tokyo, taking a “block walk” around Korea Town, watching Andrew host Comedy Night at YouTube Space LA, going to Beverly Hills and seeing a ton of celebs at an art gallery (Cameron Diaz, Ed Norton, Casey Affleck, Jared Leto, Blythe Danner), eating a red velvet ice cream cone, LA public transportation, seeing the Oscars get set up and walking on red carpet (covered of course), Venice Beach and amazing coffee with Bryan and eating some of the best food. All in like, 70 degree weather might I add. So what will happen today? Hopefully something epic.
2. I got a notification from DSW that I had some reward money and if you’ve learned anything about me from my Friday Fives, you probably know that I don’t let that kind of thing sit still for long. So, hopefully I’ll be arriving back to the office with these sweet little things (and a pretty nose ring from Etsy).
I have a newfound love for heels. Gives a short girl some height, okay?!
3. The reunion last week with my girls from Pella was too great. We called ourselves the Fab Five (for good reason of course). These girls have been with me through the awkward braces and flipped out hair phase of life and I am forever indebted to them for putting up with my silly behavior. Last weekend, we played Pictionary, drank wine, celebrated Katelyn at a bridal shower and shared many laughs. Here’s us in 2008 and us in 2014.
4. My friend Haley showed me this new technology that allows people to drink dirty water safely by immediately filtering it. It’s called the LifeStraw and only costs $20. Tell me this isn’t the coolest thing. Let’s get some people fresh water.
5. I semi stalked this girl on Instagram (@hecallsmewifey) and it was like all the sudden I wanted to color my hair like hers. I need honest feedback. So many things on my “pending” list right now, including my next tattoo. SHOULD I COLOR MY HAIR LIKE HERS? That’s all I need to know for now. KTHX.