1. I bought so many groceries at Aldi for only $23 last weekend. I’ve always known I should shop there more often, but I just never made the plunge. I will still probably hit up Trader Joe’s for produce and the unique, organic goods I love, but if you haven’t given Aldi a whirl, get to it.
2. This quote was really helpful for me this week:
“My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me, and think of me. I am what I am, and I do what I do. I expect nothing, and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.”
It’s freeing to have that mindset. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t write on a blog and I wouldn’t try new relationships and risk failing.
3. About a month ago, I received my first piece of mail at work. And it was a formal invitation to the Young Professional of the Year Event. It’s the fifth year Juice Magazine has honored a YP for the work they have done and do in the community. One of my friends was a finalist and it was great to be there to support her and the other finalists who are aligning their passions and skills to better our community.
4. I walked home to this yesterday as I opened the door. Cat in a basket of scarves.
And this! An island…which has a different countertop and different colored cabinets, but whatever. The storage space is divine.
5. Rising From the Ashes came to Des Moines for an evening at the Fleur Cinema. This film is worth seeing regardless of whether or not you ride a bicycle. From a country with a terrible, unimaginable history of genocide, a team of cyclists is committed to creating a better future. My heart was ripped up and my eyes swelled at least ten times, which is super rare.