I cannot believe a whole week has flown by…
1. I love almost all Naked Juice, but tried Tomato Kick and wanted to throw up. Don’t say I didn’t warn you if you go ahead and buy it.
2. I toured an apartment which I’m gaga for. This is the kitchen.
I haven’t gotten a call back, so I may just be dreaming, but I’m using all the optimism I have, sending prayers up and asking the universe to please be in my favor.
3. There’s this totally awesome dude who came to visit Des Moines this weekend. We showed him that our city really is one of the best around and I know he believes it. In addition, he got to see one of my besties turn 25. We took one picture and unfortunately it was this one. Atalie, why are you sad?
4. My essential oils came in on Thursday to my chiro’s office. I was and am thrilled. There are so many wonderful ways to use these oils that help with sleeping, headaches, sinus issues, cleansing and so much more. I’m going to find a reason to use them day by day, by day by day (Meet the Parents).
5. Finally, after months of planning, my first major event for my job came to fruition. I was dreading it, yet beyond excited. We planned for 1,000 people because we invited thousands of individuals. About 350 showed up (which is still incredible) and we were able to provide a free meal, free winter clothing, crafts, a music program and pictures with Santa and Mrs. Claus. Not to mention, the City and Eat Greater Des Moines reps came to give residents an overview of local gardens and the plans that are happening in their neighborhood. I could not have done it without amazing individuals in this community. It takes a ton of energy and time to produce something to this capacity, but we did it successfully! Heck, even the Des Moines Register came out. Hoping to see something soon…
There’s a table of various donations given by individuals, schools, companies and other random people in Central Iowa. I cannot tell you how awesome it is to lead events you truly support. Please join us in the future.
Happy Friday. Shine on!