After years of trying tons of different products, I feel like I have a good grasp on what works for my skin. Some things I look for when I’m shopping for beauty products:
- Is it mineral oil or essential oil based? I try to avoid mineral oil as often as I can.
- Can I read the ingredients?
- What does the company stands for?
- Does it smell good and feel good on my skin?
- Price (duh!)
From left to right, these are my absolute favorite products to date. My hyperlink button isn’t working, so feel free to Google the products.
1. Tom’s of Maine Unscented Deodorant. It took a while for my body to adjust to this for some reason, but now it works like a charm.
2. Dolce and Gabanna perfume. It’s been my favorite the past two years and I plan on wearing it until I die. I try to just spray it on my clothes since it’s just full of wonderfully smelling chemicals. 🙂
3. Let the Good Times Roll face wash from LUSH. This is popcorn inspired and it smells better than any face wash I’ve tried before. Bonus: LUSH is coming to West Des Moines soon!
4. Eau Roma Water from LUSH. This just sprays on your face and uses both rose and lavender essential oils to treat dryness and redness. My pale skin especially needs this in the winter!
5. Botanical Kinetics Lotion from Aveda. I use this light face moisturizer first thing most mornings to hydrate my skin. I love it because it’s not very heavy and gets my skin refreshed.
6. Celestial from LUSH. Again, I love LUSH products. This moisturizer is a little heavier than the Aveda one and leaves my skin looking slightly greasy. So I put this lovely lotion on in the evenings so I’m hydrated all night.
7. Eye makeup remover from Target. Cheap and works like a charm. It’s one of my favorites.
8. Tinted Moisturizer from Aveda. This, of all products, is my go-to and has been for at least five years. It really balances all the tones on my face and I wouldn’t go anywhere without it on. It’s very light and blends in so nicely.
There you have it! They aren’t the cheapest products, but they aren’t super pricey either. I’m always going to choose to invest in quality products for my body. Our skin is our largest organ and absorbs everything we put on it, so I will always advocate for the products that include natural, botanically-based ingredients.