1. So I went to DC last weekend to hang out with my long lost London pals. We got touristy, we went out really late, we (I) slept all day Sunday, we played Glee Karaoke and made some stellar pumpkin bars. It was perfection in every sense. Conversations were effortless and we totally let the weird out. Look at us.
2. I finished a book, Sharp Objects. I had been reading it since June. Yikes. The point is, I finished it and enjoyed it. The end totally caught me off guard in many ways, but Gillian Flynn is captivating, so I’ll probably read Gone Girl. Have you read it yet?
3. I started the trade program at Power Life Yoga. That means I work three hours a week and get free access to unlimited yoga classes. PLY keeps me sane. I get in that room and it’s just me, my sweat and my mat. CrossFit brings out my competitive side. I push myself more than I ever could by going to a gym and leave feeling like I could push a semi over. What I’m saying is, I’m going to turn into the psycho who goes to yoga at 5:45 a.m. and CrossFit in the afternoons.
4. My supervisor and I just got back from a trip to Lincoln, Nebraska. I was pleasantly surprised, as I’m sure most people are with Des Moines. We went because an organization there is mentoring us as we move into community building and organizing. My job is totally new to the company and we love hearing how other groups do it and what routes they took for creating partnerships, sustainability and creating a lasting impact. Let’s just say my brain is mush.
5. “Don’t ever put your happiness in someone else’s hands. They’ll drop it. They’ll drop it every time.” – C.Barzak, One For Sorrow. How many times do I have to remind myself of this?!