1. Saturday, I drove my little self up to Minnesota to reunite with some cool guys and gals. I met up with two friends at Cosetta in St. Paul, made my way to a coffee shop for a few hours and got together with all my fellow bicycle riders from my two tours. Nothing can unite people more than sharing experiences of saddle sores, hours on bicycles, dodging semis and epic crashes. We all experienced some sort of radical transformation, from doubling squat weight to realizing a new passion. I could go on forever, but I adore my Venture family and I love that almost all of them are truly seeking social justice and want to be a part of something bigger than themselves. Go team.
2. I found this poster of Des Moines and fell in love. I look at it once a day. I’m not sure what it will take to purchase it. Cough cough, perfect birthday gift opportunity, Mom.
3. I have a minor obsession with LUSH. I’m very much a brand person. I love all that goes into a brand and I think this company does a spectacular job telling their story. There are other brands doing similar work, but this is edgy and extremely captivating, so I’m stocking up. Also, another company I completely adore, but have yet to invest any of my fun money into is Thirty One Bits. It’s one thing to have an awesome product, but if you don’t know how to market it then forget about it. These people just freakin’ get it.
4. I bought a juicer. I’ll tell you why. Actually, I won’t because there really isn’t a reason other than curiosity and that’s lame. In reality, I stumbled across a blogger who juices and then got on Craigslist to see who’s selling what. This beauty caught my eye and I went for it. Have I used it yet? No. Am I scared? Yes. How does a whole apple fit in there? Is my house going to shake and crumble to the ground from operating it? So many questions. I’ll keep you posted.
5. My creative and entrepreneur juices have been flowing like cray this week. Like off the charts. Honestly, I’ve been drinking about four cups of coffee per morning. I need more like-minded people in my life. I’m a total wannabe entrepreneur with absolutely no capital, very large visions and a get ‘er done (well) attitude. Will someone just write me an extremely large check so I can invest in really fun projects/businesses?